One-on-One with Marie-Ève Bilodeau-Corriveau
1. Describe yourself briefly.
At 29, after a few year of enjoying road rides, I am just starting to discover mountain biking and I'm sure it will be a great investment for the future! Proof that there is no age to push your limits and dare to leave your comfort zone. I live in western Canada and the mountains of the West are an inexhaustible playground; I will never stop to discover new roads and trails with breathtaking views.
2. When / how did you discover the pleasure of riding?
I discovered the pleasure of riding almost 10 years ago; it was my summer training when I was cross-country skier. Also, my uncles have always been road cyclists, they have crossed Canada and made several cycling trips to Europe, which has always inspired me.
3. As a new mountain cyclist, what made you want to start again after your first experience? Are you a new fan of the sport?
I just started mountain biking. My friends have been asking me to join them on rides for about 6 years before I agreed! I was afraid of the idea. After hearing my boyfriend talking about his rides for the whole Spring, I finally decided to buy a mountain bike and now I love it! I am definitely a new fan! In addition, my body will certainly thank me for running less and cycling more!
4. What is your greatest pride as a new cyclist, your greatest accomplishment?
I haven’t broken anything yet! Plus, by doing the same trails over again, you improve super quickly which makes you want to ride even more!
5. Did sport teach you a lesson? If so, what is it?
To never give up. Dare to move forward and take the opportunities. People often tell me I'm lucky to live in western Canada, but I think we're creating our own luck.
6. What motivates you to always keep going forward?
Pushing my limits and giving me challenges that push me to get out of my comfort zone.
7. What advice would you give to a girl who wants to learn mountain biking? What do you think make this sport so special / fun?
Do not be afraid, everyone has to start somewhere and you are never too old to learn. I'm 29 years old and I just started mountain biking and I'm sure that will be a great investment for the future!
8. What do you think makes a ride in western Canada unique?
The mountains, the drops, the bears, the unique landscape, and in summer the sun goes down at 22:30, so there’s no reason not to go for a ride. With the proximity of the trails, I can even go mountain biking during my lunch time!
9. Do you want to get involved in the world of women's cycling? If so, how?
I just want to inspire more women to push their limits and dare to step out of their comfort zone. In addition, I would like to help more women discover trails in western Canada through my social media platforms.
10. What drew you towards PEPPERMINT?
I find it very inspiring to see two women entrepreneurs from Quebec starting their own company, and I think it’s very important to encourage local businesses.
11. What is your favourite PEPPERMINT product?
Frost ¾ Trail MTB Jersey
12. What crazy idea would you suggest to PEPPERMINT?
Organize bike trips for girls in Europe!