Gatineau Park, Outaouais, QC - Into Sarah Dostie Ménard’s Backyard
A few minutes from Gatineau is a village well known to cyclists in the region : Chelsea. Just 15 minutes from Chelsea by car, you will be able to set off on one of the most beautiful gravel rides of your life!
This 65 kilometer ride is aimed at intermediate to advanced cyclists. There are 45 kilometers of gravel roads on the course and the elevation gain is high at 860 meters. With a few hours free to ride, you will be able to discover spectacular landscapes and sites! Plus the village of Wakefield offers a charming after ride along the Gatineau River! An incredible journey to do alone or with friends.
- Starting point: Wakefield, QC. Parking behind the Pipolinka bakery
- 65 km, 70% of which is gravel
- 860 meters of elevation gain
- Intermediate to advanced level
- Duration: Allow at least 3 hours (not counting the after-ride!)
Post-ride spot for a beer: Terrace of the Nikosi Bistro Pub, on the Main street. Or, you can buy yourself a microbrew at the convenience store on the Main street and enjoy it on a bench by the river.
After-ride coffee spot: Café Aeries, on the Main street.
5 highlights of the ride
- The discovery of the Paugan dam and the hydroelectric power station, to cross by bike
- Cycling along the river
- Magnificent landscapes and mountains
- The tranquility of gravel roads without a car
- Post-ride at the River View Pub in the village of Wakefield
The Perfect kit for long gravel rides:
Peak Breeze Jersey and the Signature Bib
Sarah Dostie-Ménard, proud ambassador of the PEPPERMINT Collective